It’s Pride weekend here in San Francisco!
For those of you in the area or who visiting from out of town, here’s a quick summary of events you may want to know about:
Friday, June 25th
* Trans March – 3:30-7 PM at Dolores Park (on Dolores, between 18th and 19th Streets) – ASL Interpreted
* Deaf LGBT Coffee Social – 6-9 PM at Cafe Flore (on Market at Noe in the Castro)
Saturday, June 26th
* SF Pride Celebration – Noon-6 PM at Civic Center (downtown). Main stage will be ASL Interpreted until 4 PM.
* Dyke March – 3-7 PM at Dolores Park (on Dolores, between 18th and 19th Streets) – ASL Interpreted
* Pink Saturday – 7PM-1 AM on Castro Street (between Market and 18th Streets). Annual street party. Donations requested.
Sunday, June 27th
* SF Pride Parade – Kicks off at 10:30 AM at Market & Beale Streets (downtown). Grandstand seating for Deaf folks is located at the UN Plaza on the north side of Market Street between 7th and 8th Streets. You will need a ticket to access this area. You can obtain one from Tig at the Deaf LGBT Coffee Social on Friday or at the gate if tickets are still available. Donations are appreciated.
* SF Pride Celebration – Noon-7 PM at Civic Center (downtown) – ASL Interpreted
Look for the Deaf LGBT Tent near the main stage.
Also check out Frameline for LGBT flicks that may be showing with subtitles.